Monday, March 3, 2014

ombre shorts DIY

DIY #2 - right now I have 1 more that I will be doing, and as soon as i can get to the thrift store I'll look for stuff to do another :)

so my jeans are about 2 years old.. and the bottoms are all ripped up, the certain pair pictured here had bleach on the side of 1 of the legs from cleaning the bathroom and the other had a patched hole (thanks to a certain friend dragging me on a bike ride :)  so needless to say i was in serious need of new ones.

thanks to the lovely target (yay for shopping ;) i got 2 new pairs!! so now i get to destroy my other two!

I've seen this DIY before all over youtube, but I never thought I would do it.  My inspiration for this DIY didn't come from pinterest actually, but more from this video.  I did not do everything that was in the video, but hey if its your thing go right ahead!

so for this pair of awesome shorts you will need...

  • a pair of old jeans
  • bleach
  • scissors
I started out with regular old jeans, and i tried them on and measured where I wanted them to come to.  My personal length was to the end of my fingertips, but if you want it shorter/longer go right ahead!  I marked where I wanted the jeans to be with a piece of chalk, and then marked a little bit down so i had a little bit of extra

after that i got the bleach into a spray bottle. 


I took the jeans outside and sprayed the jeans a whole lot on the bottom, and then lighter towards the top to get a ombre effect going on.  After I sprayed the jeans on the bottom I let it sit and lighten a bit, and when I notice that it wasn't the color I wanted I sprayed more.  I did that about twice.  


After the jeans had lightened to what I thought I wanted I brought them inside and rinsed them off in the sink.  I then tossed them in the washer for the quickest washing cycle and then into the dryer after.



and TADA!!! my new favorite pair of jeans :)

until the next post... :)

2 comments:

Kelsey Nicole said...

Those are so cute! And I think I know who the someone is you went on a bike ride with :)

Renee Lindsay said...

This is very cool