Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blueberries . . . .

Did you not just hear what I said - BLUEBERRIES, Thousands, Millions, BILLIONS!!! Okay not that many, but you get my drift - right ;) When we arrived here, we had only a few food bearing plants (1 Apple tree, 3 cherry, and 1 blueberry) since then we have added 1 pear and 1 more blueberry (we are cutting down the apple tree after they are all gone and getting new ones and we are also cutting down one of the cherry trees cause it will fall in the wind, we hope to replace that with another pear or mom wants a plum!) Mom has been wanting to take us to a you pick it farm and found, one, for blueberries! Well hey - WHY NOT!!! As it took us 3-4 months to get JUST 2 cups of berries from our own . . . . ;)
















Isn't this sooooo cute?!

We walked out with about 4 1/2 lbs!

My beautiful mom - she doesn't know that I have posted her picture!


Looks like Lindsay is eating more that she is picking!



What I call, the perfect blueberry!




Hannah was my picking buddy!




The cluster of ripe blues!






My personal FAV bush!

GEORGIE!!!!

Lindsay - consentrate!!!!




ABBY!!!!
Love,
Anne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,
I have been blueberry picking twice. The most I've picked is 4 to 6 pounds or so!!!
Have fun with Blueberries!
K
P.s. Love the pics!